Day 182 - sunshine and chocolate

Hmm. Today was Stay Out Of The Sun Day,  which is fine with me as it's been very hot for a long time now. It was also however Son 1's school sports day. Difficult. I was however thrown a lifeline in the shape of a poorly daughter. She woke with a temperature so she was off nursery. I had her with me, dosed up on Calpol (marvellous stuff! ). Two hours in the sun in the middle of the day wouldn't have been good for a two year old so we took the beach shelter with us to stay out of the sun. Hurrah! She spent most of the time going in and out or running around it but we managed to stay out of the sun a bit.

There were a couple of food based celebrations today, Eat Your Beans Day and Chocolate Wafer Day. Neither was particularly exciting as baked beans are a staple. We did however try some chocolate wafers which Mrs H ordered with the weekly shop and they were tres yummy. I'll be finishing them to tomorrow.

For American Redneck Day I listened to Cotton Eye Joe by the Rednex (a classic dance floor filler) followed by some Gretchen Wilson who professes to be Redneck Woman. It was either that or go and shoot something in the woods. I think I made the right choice.

For International Plastic Bag Free Day I refused the bags offered to me by the supermarkets and carried my produce in a rucksack instead. Not only did I single handedly save the planet but I also saved 15p. Bonus!

One fun celebration which I only heard about today was Drop A Rock Day. This is a bit like Shropshire Rocks (paint a rock and leave it somewhere for somebody to find) except that these rocks need to have positive comments on them to help lift someone's mood. I therefore wrote a couple of positive messages on some stones from the garden and was going to deposit them after the football. The England game ran on so I still need to nip out. I should have a moment once I've made sandwiches for tomorrow.

Speaking about tomorrow it'll be Barbecue Day. We have a load of food so let me know if you want to join us!

Comments

Popular Posts