Day 187 - so much ice cream

Sundays are always busy for us. Kid's clubs and what not dominate the day so it's tricky to fit in some celebrating sometimes.  But today was all about ice cream. It started with a celebration of Chocolate With Almonds Day. I couldn't find any in the chocolate section of Sainsbury's, but I did find some in the freezer section - Magnums with almond. Yum. I never understand how a shop can sell single ice creams for almost £2 and then sell a 4 pack box of exactly the same ice creams for £2. How does that work? Anyway, I obviously went for the 4 pack and shared them with Son 2's friends who were waiting for their sisters outside of Gymnastics. It was very hot, they were very happy.

The ice cream didn't stop there, we went to West Felton carnival, it was very hot so we had ice creams. 50p each! I didn't really do much for Be A Kid Again Day although whilst watching the parade I ran after a  little opener which was thrown from the pub float! The kids chased the free sweets, I chased the free bottle opener. Happy days!

Ice cream three was at the theatre. Son 1 was dancing on the stage as part of his dance class showcase thingy. He did a great job but my daughter rejected her ice cream during the interval so I had to finish it. Shame.

I'm not writing about ice cream just for the fun of it, it was Ice Cream Sundae Day. I think that Ice cream Sunday would be more appropriate as I had 4 altogether!  I finished with an actual sundae, made with cherries which I bought for yesterday's cherry pip spitting  celebration but which I never got around to. It was quite nice, and I think that 4 I've creams in one day is certainly being a kid again!

I didn't celebrate Barn Day but I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to celebrate Video Games Day once that I've made the sandwiches for tomorrow and the TV is free.

In case you want to get ahead of the game, tomorrow will be No Bra Day.  Something I'm quite good at!

Comments

Popular Posts