Day 189 - Do you like Pina Colada?

Before you ask, no, I didn't appreciate any cows today. I realise that a lot of you will have been doing some appreciating today but I had other celebrations to be getting on with. I didn't step on any bees either but as today was Don't Step On A Bee Day that counts towards my tally. Yay! In all seriousness, we're all going to die unless we help the bees and not stepping on them is a good first step. I've already talked about how important bees are when I planted the wrong flowers, they were very happy with my neighbours garden though, they're much better at the whole flower thing than we are

Yesterday was No Bra Day, today was Lady Godiva Day - no clothes at all! I didn't have an opportunity to ride a horse naked through town, no horse and all that. I did however have access to numerous teddy bears so for tea I took the kids outside and we ate with three cuddlies. Who knew that teddies enjoy filled pasta?

I tried to pick blueberries for Pick Blueberries Day as I planted a blueberry bush a few months back for another celebration. You'll be pleased to know that it isn't dead but neither does it have any berries on it yet. Maybe next year. That scuppers things slightly for Blueberry Muffin Day which is tomorrow. Will have to rethink.

Change of topic - what's a clerihew? It isn't something I've ever heard of before. I googled it and found it is a type of poem, less famous than haiku or limericks but a poem all the same. It has to be about a person (name in the first line) and it has to have an AABB rhyming pattern. I wrote one about George Clooney and shared it on Twitter, he fell off his scooter today and hurt his knee (he's OK). The difficulty was in deciding whether to rhyme Clooney with knee or Italy. You can find my effort by following me (@TheMikeHoughton). It wasn't a popular celebration on Twitter today, I didn't see n
any others.

What I did see was a lot of pictures of Pina Coladas.  I've never tried them before so I decided to try out Jamie Oliver's recipe. His used chunks of pineapple whereas the BBC good food recipe just uses juice. Colada means torn or shredded or something like that (apparently) so it seemed sensible to go with the real fruit recipe. I wasn't disappointed.  If you haven't tried one, now is the time to do it whilst the sun is out. It tasted of holiday. Some of the cocktails I've tried this year have been awful (I thinking about you Bloody Mary) but this was delish. Well done JAMIE Oliver, you have a big future ahead of you.  I'd happily have another. I now have an open carton of coconut cream to use up. Seconds?

Comments

Popular Posts