Day 199 - lollipop, lollipop oh lolly lolly lolly

Any idea what World Jump Day is about? I'll give you a choice, exercise, the environment or Kriss Kross? Apparently it's an environmental art thing.  The idea being that we all jump at the same time in order to move the earth off it's orbit. If we're too hot then moving further out might cool us down. Barmy right? It wouldn't work but the idea is to help raise awareness to out things into perspective. I tried to find out what time this was supposed to take place but I don't think it was actually happening this year. Shame, it could have been fun.

My lollipop celebration for Lollipop Day was quite successful which was surprising. I bought a bag from Lidl and shared them amongst my colleagues. As always there were very few people around  as it was a Friday so I thought that they would go down as well as the scones on Afternoon Tea Day. Apparently the office are lollipop people. They all went, Yay! I had a couple and they weren't bad at all. It turns out that Lidl is the place for sweets.

I was going to maybe use Space Exploration Day as an excuse to watch more Star Trek. It was the anniversary of the day when Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon. As it happens, NASA (I assume it was NASA anyway) were looking for a new name for their latest Mars rover so I entered the competition. The machine looks uncannily like Johnny 5 from the Short Circuit movies (remember him? Johnny 5 is alive!) so that was my entry. I expect that a few people will go with that though, it's a bit obvious.  If your name is chosen then you get to attend the naming ceremony and see the machine for yourself which would be great fun.

It was also Chess Day so I tried playing against my kids. They had no idea and no interest in learning. Whilst cooking a cake ahead of Lamington Day tomorrow I also started playing against someone on Twitter.  He is a commentator for a wrestling competition. Unfortunately he disappeared after a while, he was in America so maybe he had to go to work or something. I did manage to squeeze in a game on my phone against the computer. I lost.  Must practice.

Other than Lamington Day, tomorrow's celebrations are a little odd. Tune in again to see how I get on.

Comments

Popular Posts