Day 203 - one tequila, two tequila, three tequila floor.

What's going on?! Since when did pubs stop selling tequila? The trains out of Euston were all delayed so I didn't get home until almost 10pm (hello compensation). I popped into a shop but they were all out so I tried the local pub. No joy. I went on to another pub where the lady stood in front of a row of spirits told me that they don't sell tequila as they are an ale pub. It was Tequila Day and I didn't get any tequila. Gutted.

Nor did I get to pull a wheelie on Pull A Wheelie Day (yes I was looking forward to it). I don't remember the last time I did a wheelie, maybe next year.

I tried to tell an old joke (why did the Mexican push his wife off a cliff?) as it was Tell An Old Joke Day but even that had already been done today.

I did wish my cousins Happy Cousin's Day on Facebook and my wife took the kids to the KFC drive-thru to celebrate Drive-thru Day so it wasn't entirely celebration free. Phew.

We'll just forget about this day shall we? The closest I came to celebrating was eating a kebab in hindsight as it was Kebab Day a few weeks ago. I had such high hopes for today.  Thank you public transport!

Comments

Popular Posts