Day 71 - a slow day in celebration land

The celebrations today on paper didn't look like much fun but mist of these days are why you make of them. Two websites disagree about whether today or Saturday was International Fanny Pack Day. Either way it makes no difference as I still don't own one. In the same way, one website calls today Napping Day and another Workplace Napping Day. Napping during the day is one thing but napping at work adds a whole new dimension. I've been in plenty of meeting to have seen a few people doing the nodding dog routine but I was the one leading the session  today so I think that people would have noticed if I'd tried having a nap. I did however travel to Leeds on the train so managed a fair amount of napping en route.  I think that counts although there is a difference between travelling to work and travelling for work.

I found out today that it was Milky Way Day. What I don't know is whether it was about the chocolate bar or the galaxy. Some mentions went one way, some the other, and some both. I opted for the chocolate bar (obviously). It gives me an opportunity to mention a tenuous claim to fame. My wife's ex-colleague used to be a PR lady and she was part of the team who created the red car and the blue car advert, the one where they have a race. I bet that you're singing it now aren't you. You'll have it stuck in your head all day now.

Alfred Hitchcock Day turned out to be more interesting than I thought. I needed to watch one ofhis films to celebrate and as I had only seen The Birds, Rear Window was recommended. I liked the way that the whole film was shot from the one room but it had some of the worst acting I've ever seen (spoiler alert - I'm talking about the lady who's dog died - dreadful) and some of the effects were not very special, although I'm sure that they were good for the day. I watched it whilst ironing which I don't recommend, some films work well as ironing entertainment as the script is paramount so much of this film was about what you could see from the window which is hard to follow when you're steaming a polo shirt. My thanks go out to my good neighbours for lending me the DVD. I'm not averse to trying some of the others.

Lastly today it was Full Our Staplers Day and Plant A Flower Day. The weather isn't really up to flower planting so I've bought a blueberry bush instead. I haven't actually done the planting yet as I didn't have time so I'm off now to plant a bush in the dark and fill a stapler which I have no intention if actually using. I don't remember the last time I used a stapler at home but when needs must.

UPDATE... just checked the stapler. It was already full!

Tomorrow will be Smart and Sexy Day so be prepared. If you see me about and I'm smouldering you'll know why!

Comments

Popular Posts