Day 82 - chips, dips and Melba toast

It was Melba Toast Day today. I've had Melba Toast before but I've never made it. I assumed it was a Heston Blumenthal type thing,  like drying out bread using a dehumidifier. The recipe just said to make toast, split it down the middle and toast the untoasted sides. I had a go but it went chewy rather than crunchy. I ate it with tuna but I think I'll buy it next time. It was invented for the same person as Peach Melba. I know which one I prefer!

I did t do anything for Puppy Day or Cuddly Kitten Day but I'd have happily spent all day celebrating both given the opportunity. There's nothing like a puppy to lift the spirits. Some friends of ours keep working dogs and had a litter of puppies who would climb all over you. There are worse ways to go than be licked to death by puppies.

Near Miss Day sounds at first like an odd day to celebrate but it's actually one which we should all be celebrating as we're still here. There are a number of asteroids out there and near miss day is the anniversary of when a large one nearly hit us. It was 300 metres across and could have wiped us out if it had been much closer. I'm not sure how to celebrate but it's starting with chips and dips (It's Chips and Dips Day) and Guinness!

Comments

Popular Posts