Day 75 - sleep, lips and pandas

I sorry if you were hoping for your usual dose of wit and joviality yesterday and ended up with a garbled message about cake. I was in a bit of a rush. Today, not so much. I've had the day off as it will be my birthday tomorrow so I spent the day climbing Wales' highest mountain.  We got about 3/4 of the way up but the conditions didn't favour us. Snow, wind and fog do not for a pleasant walk make. The snow gave us a chance to celebrate World Panda Day. We made a very handsome snow panda using some of the slate for the black bits. Hopefully he'll be spotted by some climbers who will think ooh, maybe it's Panda Day. There is a lot on Twitter about them today, they need our help, and bamboo. Go to it people!

Lip Appreciation Day was a slightly odd day to celebrate so I started with some Lipsil. Not something I usually use but my good lady wife is an addict and always has some handy. I only find it useful when I get chapped lips which isn't that often.  (Exciting stuff eh?) I moved on to watching some of the star wars bad lip reading videos on YouTube. Warning - they're real ear worms but tres funny. I was tempted to recount a story here about lips which we heard from Jake Evans, a local storyteller, but it goes on a bit and I couldn't do it justice. If you come across him, ask him about the monk in the dark room with the long boney fingers and wibbly wobbly lips.

For No Selfies Day I, surprise surprise,  didn't take any selfies. This was trickier than it sounds due to being surrounded by dramatic scenery. I'm not usually a selfie person but since starting this project I've had to take more photos. In case you never see them they're all on the Facebook group or Instagram. Would you prefer I try to add them here? Let me know in the comments.

For Preschool Teacher's Appreciation Day  I sent a text message to my daughter's nursery to thank them. They really do look after her well and she always comes out with a big smile on her face so a day to appreciate them is definitely warranted.

It's Artichoke Heart Day so I'm hoping the restaurant tonight might be using them somehow. What they probably do sell is wine. If for some reason you need an excuse for a glass or two, today is St. Urhos Day. Not as well known in this country as St Patrick but if you're Finnish you may have heard about the saint who got rid of the grasshoppers from Finland, thereby saving their grape harvest.

As an afterthought,  it was Save A Spider Day on Wednesday but there weren't any spiders to save. When we arrived in our hotel today there was a daddy long legs in the bath so I saved it before soaking my tired legs. I celebrated in retrospect!

In case you are wanting something to celebrate tomorrow (aside from my birthday) it will be Corn Dog Day, Corned Beef and Cabbage Day and Maple Syrup Saturday. That should make a decent meal and you can wash it down with a Guinness or two.

Comments

Popular Posts