Day 77 - fertile sloppy joes

Fail!  Most of today's celebrations had an if attached to them. Forgive Mum and Dad Day requires that you have something to forgive them for. Mine were proper nice and brought me up without any complaint from me.

Awkward Moments Day is a day to celebrate awkward moments should they arise. None did.

Supreme Sacrifice Day is just the same, make a sacrifice if the opportunity shows itself. I tried to go without pudding so that my son could have some (not exactly supreme but it was the best I could find) but it wasn't necessary in the end.

Goddess of Fertility Day is a day to start a family. Now that could have been good fun but I'm thinking that three sprogs is plenty. Alternatively it's a good day to plant seeds, or it might have been if the ground wasn't covered in 3 inches of snow!

I found out late on that it was St Broccoli's Day so thought that is something I can work with. Unfortunately it's not Broccoli Day, St Broccoli's Day is a specific brand celebration in America. Foxy grow the tasty green vegetable and run a competition today but you can't enter unless you live in America. That's no good to me.

I also found out too late on that it was Sloppy Joe Day, now that could have been good as I've heard of the delicacy before but never tried it. I googled the recipe and found it is mince, ketchup, onion and maple syrup, cooked up and eaten in a bun. I might try it next week instead as I wouldn't want to miss out.

Lastly today it is Lacy Oatmeal Cookie Day. The recipe for these biscuits is quite simple, oats, butter, flour and sugar. I'll give them a go and treat my work colleagues to them tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts