Day 61- banana cream pie and weird rhymes

It snowed again today.  You don't need me to tell you that (unless you're reading this from the Ukraine) but it meant that I didn't go through town, so I didn't meet many salespeople.  It was Salesperson Day but I sadly didn't celebrate it. Nor did I do anything for Employee Appreciation Day, partly because I couldn't get to work due to train cancellations but mainly because I don't have any employees.

I did however dress in blue, jeans, an Everton shirt and a woolly blue jumper. It was Dress in Blue Day which is, as usual, more than just about dressing in blue. It is an awareness day about colon cancer. If you want to know more then have a look at www.ccalliance.org.

I enjoyed reading to little Maggie today as it was Dr Seuss Day. Most people pronounce it Zeus but apparently it should be pronounced Zoice.  Either way the stories are plain weird. I read her the A to Z  but she asked "what's that?" on every page.  The horse really didn't look like a horse and answering "it's a Fiffle Fuffle Faff" just makes you sound stupid. I've had to read Fox in Socks a few times which hurts my brain. Some Dr Seuss is pure genius though. Horton Hears a Hoo is great and The Grinch is a must every Christmas. We also had Oh The Places You Will Go read at our wedding. As an extra I was given some Dr Seuss on CD to listen to at bedtime. Hopefully it won't give me nightmares!

Today's foodie treat was Banana Cream Pie Day.  I had to make pastry, slice banana on it and cover it with a custard. Once chilled, cover it with cream. I'm a big fan of banoffee pie but this was like banana custard in a pie. Yum. It does feel as though something is missing (the 'offee) but it tasted good all the same.

Tomorrow will be mulled wine day and Irish whiskey day. It's going to be a fun night for me!

Comments

Popular Posts