Day 87 - I wore a hat

I'm afraid dear reader that I don't have much more you today. Certainly no silliness, that's next week. There were potentially seven celebrations today but one was a questionable anniversary of a religious sect and one was about businesses run by old couples. I skipped them. Mandy Thursday is kind of the poor cousin of Good Friday so again nothing was done.

I had intended on baking a cake for Lemon Chiffon Cake Day. The recipe requires whipping egg whites which is always fun. Unfortunately I ran out of time as I had childcare responsibilities. Who'd have thought that looking after a two year old would take priority over baking cake. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow instead as it sounds quite and there aren't any cakey things tomorrow, other than hot cross buns and chocolate!

Wear A Hat Day was a charity event for the Brain Tumour Research. The simple idea was to wear a hat, the sillier the better. As it was just me I went with the standard John Deere baseball cap which I stole from my son when he was 5. Our family has a history of brain issues so this was a good cause to support. There has been a poster up advertising the day in Shrewsbury train station. I went to have my picture by it but they've changed it to advertise George Ezra's new album instead.  I'd have thought that they could have left them up for one more day. Odd. If you'd like to know more or if you want to donate then the link is https://www.braintumourresearch.org/fundraise/wear-a-hat-day.

Smoke And Mirrors Day was an opportunity to practice a magic trick I was given for my birthday. My wife worked out how to do it but the kids are still confused. It's a card trick where you guess the card but you don't actually guess it, you just show them that it's miss ing from the deck and assume that its the one on the table. This could be the start of a new career!

Lastly today was the anniversary of when Niagara Falls Ran Dry. I had no idea how to celebrate that one. As I said, a quiet day on the celebration front. Tomorrow isn't looking much fun either so if anyone can suggest how I can zjuzj up pencils and brown grass then please let me know. Also, if you know how to spell zjuzj then that would also be handy. Night night.

Comments

Popular Posts