Day 76 - corn dogs, St Patrick and birthday

Awoke this morning to the dramatic scenery of Snowdonia, there was s little snow and a lot of wind. Not a bad way to start Quilting Day. To be honest,  I don't actually know what quilting is and I'm not particularly all that fussed as today is MY BIRTHDAY! Yay! We drive home and I was welcomed by my over excited children ( who it turns out are better at keeping secrets than I give them credit for) and my lovely mother-in-law who'd baked me a tasty star wars cake (decorated by the aforementioned sprogs). Together they'd found 40 gifts (I can't possibly say why that number is significant) and my youngest helped me open them. I am ke the proud owner of, amongst other things, an R2-D2 face wash which beeps at you when you use it, a range of purple stationary and a pair a rubber feet (I kid you not- check out the piccies!)

The evening was spent celebrating jointly with St. Patricks Day and Corn Dog Day. Ireland won the rugby today and they also played in the Quiddich World Cup Final (we watched Harry Potter and the Goblet if Fire). I'm currently 3 Guinnesses in to the evening and I my wife also managed to find some Guinness crisps. Nicer than they sound. Corn Dogs for the uninitiated are hot dogs on sticks cooked in a corn based batter. A great snack food "worthy of celebrating", it even says so on the box. I was tempted to cook them from scratch as they don't look that tricky but I knew that we'd be pushed for time. The boys oddly weren't interested but Maggie lived them, especially the mixture of ketchup with American mustard.

I didn't get to race cars for Sports Car Racing Day nor do anything under water for Submarine Day but I may treat myself to a corned beef and sauerkraut sandwich as it's Corned Beef and Cabbage Day. It depends how long I can stay awake for, hopefully long enough to watch the mighty Everton out 2 past Stoke. TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts