Day 88 - parks and buns

Easy one today. No Homework Day. I didn't do any homework. Boom. Celebration done. Tick.

I started the day by celebrating Walk In the Park Day ( after stripping the kids' bedsheets and putting them on to wash obviously). I signed up to take part in the Shrewsbury half marathon a few months ago but I haven't done any training at all. I therefore went for a run through the town park. It wasn't walking exactly but the idea is to enjoy the stroll,  and I enjoyed the run, so that's good enough for me.

Pencil Day took place today. I'm sure that the pencil museum in Keswick would have been doing something special but I didn't have time to go there so I drew a picture of a dead pot plant. It needs work. I wanted to spend more time on it but tea got in the way.

Speaking of tea (smooth eh?) you probably noticed that it was Good Friday today so I cooked a fish dish. I have no idea why fish is associated with Good Friday but it is so I cooked a potato, tomato, dill and haddock thing. It was really good if I do say so myself. I had to borrow a stock cube from one of my lovely neighbours. She didn't have a vegetable one as suggested by the recipe but the fish one worked fine, possibly better. I also had hot crossed buns for breakfast, toasted on one side (like Sting does). As usual I left them slightly too long and had to scrape the burnt bits off but they were still good. I bought the blueberry ones from Tesco but I think that the basic ones are actually better. There's no need to try to make them fancier.

TB303 Day isn't something which everyone will understand. The number is to do with the date (30 March), the TB303 is a sound system which was designed in the 80s to replace bass guitars. As a bass player I feel slightly insulted by the idea of  being replaced by a machine. I tried listening to music produced with the machine, it wasn't bad but it all sounded very samey,  forgetable repetitive dance tunes.

For Doctors Day all I could fit in was a quick tweet. I'm not going to count that one.

Lastly today it was I Am In Control Day. This stems from an American stating that they were in control of the country when somebody tried to shoot Ronald Reagan. Nowadays it's about taking control of your life. The thing we need to get on top of at the moment is the ironing (hence why I mentioned the washing at the beginning). It's been building up all week to the point where the utility room is brimming with it. I managed to get Maggie's clothes sorted so that's one pile dealt with. I'm not sure that it I'm in control of it yet but it was certainly a step in the right direction.

For those who you celebrating along, tomorrow you'll need to dig out your dancing shoes.

Comments

Popular Posts