Day 68 - meatballs and banging

I am writing this is 22 minutes past midnight as yesterday (Friday) was the Day of Unplugging so I wasn't able to use my phone. As it is now Saturday I can update you. Aren't you lucky! Not using the phone or TV actually freed up more time than I'd have thought. It gave me enough time to mop a floor, fix some door handles and tidy the games cabinet. I even found my passport! Bonus. Most productive.  I recommend it. The people behind the celebration were onto something.

The same can't be said about all celebrations. I also had time to have a bath and I had to take a hammer and a kettle with me. Why? I'll tell you later!

Crabmeat Day was one to forget. I'm sure that it would have been nicer if I'd bought fresh crab but as it was just me I bought a tin. It cost about four times the price of tuna but was bland. I mixed it with some capers and gherkins thinking it might be a bit tartare saucy but no, my sandwiches were a let down.

Tea however was a triumph. You can't go wrong with meatballs (other than the continuing guilt issues). It was Meatball Day so I mixed pork mince with bacon, onion, paprika and parmesan. The tomato sauce had some basil in it and I added in courgette and mushrooms. Very tasty if I do say so myself.

For Pre-schooler's Day my wife took our daughter to the zoo. To be honest, they'd arranged to go anyway so it was a happy coincidence. She looked from the photos as though she had a good time although she was too tired to talk about it when she got back. All I heard about was 'mingo,  her new fluffy flamingo.

I didn't get to do anything for Middle Name Pride Day as work was almost empty and I didn't see many people afterwards. If am happy with my middle name and I am proud about it but I do worry that somewhere there's a dodgy bloke making notes of this type of thing so that he can set up a credit card in my name. I'm therefore keeping it to myself. You'll have to guess!

I tried to buy a Barbie for Barbie Day but couldn't find any in the local charity shops. Oddly enough Barbie was in the news yesterday as they released new dolls of inspirational women but they didn't have the image rights for one of them. Tut tut tut.

Lastly I'll put you out of your misery,  the kettle and hammer were for Bang-Clang Day. Obviously. No? Never heard of it? I'm not surprised. The way to celebrate is to wade I to water up to your chest and bang an iron kettle with a hammer. I didn't have access to water other than the bath tub so I banged and clanged in there (quietly so as not to wake up the baby). Why? It's to celebrate the anniversary of the first armoured boat battle.  Niche.

Anyway, it's far too late to be writing this so I'll call it a night (or a morning?) Tomorrow (today really) will be Mario Day and International Fanny Pack Day. Best get in your attic and dig it out. You know you've got one somewhere!

Comments

Popular Posts