Day 83 - Frodo and neighbours

Yay for neighbours! They say that it doesn't matter how nice your house is it how great the view might be, whether you like where you live depends on whether you get along with your neighbours.  Location location  location may be about finding the house but neighbours neighbours neighbours is about whether you stay there.  Ok, they (whoever they are) may not say that but they should.  There's definitely a TV program in it. So why am I going on about it? I'm sure that you've worked out that it's Neighbours Day. Our neighbours are the friendliest we've had over a number of moves. We've normally got on with neighbours but the whole street here has a good vibe as we have an active social scene and a community action group. To celebrate the neighbours I handed out some of my birthday cake as it was massive and there was plenty to go around. I imagine that they'll get lumbered with more cake in the week as well as there are at least another two cake days before Easter.

Tolkien Reading Day was fairly straight forward,  I read some of The Lord Of The Rings to my eldest before bed. I've read it once before but it took me ages as it's so wordy.  I forgot how slow it is. He managed to get the gist of the opening chapter but he much prefers Harry Potter, as do I.

I didn't celebrate Lobster Newbury Day and oddly for me I never got around to Waffle Day either.  Partly because I'm full of birthday cake and partly because we don't have a waffle maker. There are some frozen potato waffles in the freezer but they're not the same as a freshly cooked sweet one.

I did have a handful of salted pecans before bed to pay lip service to Pecan Day. Tomorrow should hopefully get me back on track as it will be Spinach Day and Falafel Day. Scarily it's Make Up Your Own Holiday Day so if you've ever wanted an excuse to do something,  tomorrow's the day!

Comments

Popular Posts