Day 86 - sticky weed

Hmm. The definition of "weed" on Google is a wild plant growing where it isn't  wanted. As today is Weed Appreciation Day I thought about how to appreciate some weeds.  The garden hasn't started growing yet so we don't have any weeds to speak of. Instead,  I thought about what type of weed we usually end up with - dandelions. This led me to decide to buy some Dandelion and Burdock. I haven't tried it in years, it tastes like Hactos cough syrup which wouldn't actually go amiss today. The problem I then faced was that to make dandelion and Burdock,  assuming that they do actually use dandelions and Burdock, they probably grow them. And if they grow them, then presumably they therefore don't meet the definition of weeds as they aren't unwanted. I therefore leave it with you as to weather this counts or not, I'm in two minds.
Black Forest Cake Day was slightly odd as well as I couldn't find a black forest gateaux in Co-op,  Tesco local or Waitrose. It isn't trendy anymore and probably hasn't been for some time. Luckily I still had some chocolate birthday cake left so I found some tinned black cherries and squirty cream and ate a deconstructed one Instead. It actually worked really well. The kids won't eat cherries so the ones which are left are all for me! It was worth the (slight) effort.
Next up today was Manatee Aapreciation Day. I didn't know much about them before, large walrus looking things, and I still don't know much about them. I did find out that they are called Cows of the Sea but also Dugong. My favourite manatee based celebration today was watching a video clip of a song on YouTube which was sent to me by my cousin. It was written by the same people who brought us such classics as Magical Trevor.  Not heard of him? Google it, but be warned, you'll be singing the song for weeks.



For tea we all celebrated Something On A Stick Day. This included corn on the cobs,  prawn skewers, vegetable kebabs and Chicken dippers on sticks. Pudding was a mini milk or a choc ice (it was also Eskimo Pie Day). All in all a successful meal. Who doesn't like eating off a stick? I was going to make some cheese and pineapple on sticks for lunch but we only had pineapple in syrup in the cupboard.  I'm picky that way. It's juice or nothing when it comes to pineapple and cheese on sticks.
I was going to end the day with a soak in a hot tub but according to t'interweb, a bath is definitely not a hot tub. One involves bubbles, one doesn't. Shame.
It's  Lemon Chiffon Cake Day tomorrow. I bought the ingredients but have run out of time. I nearly forgot to mention my celebrity endorsement!  It isn't entirely an endorsement but I retweeted a tweet by an American broadcaster called Joy Bauer about National Triglycerides Day. I've never heard the term before but apparently it's a health thing. Anyway, she liked my retweet so I'm taking that as celebrity endorsement. Kate Rusby the folk legend also liked something I mentioned about Snowman Burning Day last week. I think that means that my blog is starting to make waves, doesn't it? TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts