Day 157 - spreading cheer one doughnut at a time.

Welcome to my blog where I tell you all about the doughnuts I've eaten. That's what it's starting to feel like anyway. I ate a huge apple doughnut in Berlin (the best one so far) a filled doughnut whilst camping and now a jammy doughnut to celebrate Jelly-filled Doughnut Day. I picked some up from the co-op and offered them to work colleagues. Only 3 got eaten (the office was practically empty).  The doorman had eaten an apple turnover so rejected the offer. One colleague didn't like jam so I bought her a ring doughnut instead. My generosity knows no bounds. When I got to my childrens' dance practice I was accosted by my first born who assumed that I'd be armed with doughnuts. I'm getting predictable! I doubt that it'll be the same for Strawberry-rhubarb Pie Day. Maybe if I tell them that it's just thick jam? Son 2 rejected one on the basis that he "hated" jammy doughnuts. That lasted 5 minutes before he was getting angry that he wasn't allowed one. Kids. You've gotta love 'em.

I made sure that I had plenty of doughnuts because it is also Upsy Daisy Day. When I read the name I thought it was something to do with teletubbies. It's actually about being upbeat, having a positive attitude to everything.  "Everything is Awesome!" I tried to be upbeat about having to wear my waterproof for the first time in a week, about being in work whilst the place is almost empty and basically anything else which happened. The doughnuts helped to spread positive vibes. It does actually work, decide to smile and be positive and the world smiles with you. Yay!

To celebrate Best Friends' Day I posted a comment on Facebook asking people to rank themselves to work out who my best friend is. It obviously wasn't intended to be serious and it resulted in some fun comments. It seems odd to designate someone as your best friend but I suppose we all go-to people. Social media has changed the way that people interact. It'll be interesting to see how it affects my kids as they grow up.

I was hoping to buy an edible water bottle from Selfridges to celebrate World Oceans Day but I wasn't in Birmingham today. They're on sale all of next week apparently so I might have a go on Monday.  Plastics are having a tough time at the minute because of the litter in the ocean and edible bottles may help to fight the problem. What I don't get is how the litter gets there in the first place. If bottles go in te recycling, how do they end up in the ocean? Is it just litter which is left on beaches? If putting a McDonald's straw in the recycling means it doesn't end up in the ocean then presumably it isn't the plastic which is the problem but the people who drop it.

Finally today I named my poison "Guinness" for Name Your Poison Day. Yum. We're off to see Gary Barlow tomorrow so will celebrate with him.

Comments

Popular Posts