Day 178 - jam first

Today was another one hit wonder. I tried to celebrate Camera Day only to find out that we still don't have charger for the battery. We've got so used to using phones for pictures now that the camera is pretty much defunct.  It used to be used all the time but we've somehow lost the charger so it now sits unloved in the drawer. To celebrate Camera Day I therefore went on eBay and bought a new charger. I think that counts doesn't it?

I don't have a waffle iron or a corvette so those celebrations were non-starters. Hug Holiday Day was another attempt at a celebration.  I got some hugs from the kids and Mrs H after work, it wasn't really an all out celebration though. My only real attempt today was Cream Tea Day. I love a good cream tea. Sadly, mine wasn't in that category.  I took some tea bags with me to work along with some Tesco scones, some  jam (strawberry obviously) and some clotted cream (no other will cut it). Of the 8 which I offered up for general consumption only 3 were eaten. 3! I'm not surprised though as it was a bit warm for cake today.  The tea was awful. Coffee mate doesn't go well with Yorkshire tea. I think that I'll stick to letting more practised establishments to make it in the future, I'll just do the eating. To add insult to injury, it was so hot that the clotted cream had turned to mush by the time I got home. Yuck.

I found out late on that it was Mud Day and Wrong Trousers Day so they also slipped by.  Tomorrow involves meteors and asteroids. That sounds different.

Comments

  1. If only I'd been at work, I'd have polished one off no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have saved you one but I doubt it'd still be edible. I'm sure that there will be more cake days over the next 6 months!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts