Day 153 - hugging cats

Nooo! Denied. Why would you have a county day on a Monday?  Who's going to take a day off work to visit? That was bad planning. Yesterday I was in Devon. Today is Devon Day! One day out.  Grr. If the day was on Sunday then I could have celebrated properly, instead I just have to grumble about not being in Devon. I briefly  considered buying some scones and putting the cream on first but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll wear a dress for a date, jump into a cold pond on new year's day, but for me it has to be jam first, Devon Day or not Devon Day.

Whilst I'm moaning I may as well mention that it was Cheese Day. What's the difference between that and Cheese Lovers' Day which was way back on 20 January? Not enough for me as I am a cheese lover.  I did have cheese today (sprinkled on my pasta) but I didn't see the need to go all out again. The cheese people need to sort out their national days in the same way that the wine people have, hard cheese day, smelly cheese day, blue cheese day, etc. Mmm... all this talk of cheese is making me hungry.

So what have I celebrated today?  Fortuitously it was Thank God Its Monday Day. Now, as a person without religion I can't really thank God but I can go worth the gist of it. People are usually glad that the working week is done and that the weekend is coming. We don't celebrate the start of the week enough. I've had a lovely few days on holiday but after a while it is nice to get a little normality around you,  even if that normality is looking at a screen and sending emails all day. I took a moment to appreciate having a job to go to, but not too long, I had to look busy!

SAFE Day took place today. It's a strange one this. It's all about gun safety which sounds like a good thing, talking to kids about them, making that that they're locked away and basically keeping them out of the hands of youngsters.  Surely the answer isn't to lock them up, it's to not have them in the first place. Some dangerous things have a use and so should be kept away from children, guns on the other hand have no use at all other than to kill somebody.  If you don't I tend on killing somebody, don't buy a gun.

Enough of that, more about cats. I've already had cat day but this one was more specific,  Hug Your Cat Day. Every day is hug your cat day really but I gave mine an extra big one for good measure. Njozi wasn't very pleased as she's a grumpy thing but Rover loves being cuddled.

Tomorrow, or possibly Thursday depending on which source you believe, is Moonshine Day. Does anybody have a still I can borrow?

Comments

Popular Posts