Day 168 - stirred, not shaken

I started today by celebrating Watch Day. I don't usually wear a watch, today I did. There isn't much more to say about it. I wear my watch under my wrist on my right arm rather than over it on the left.  Is that worth reading about? Probably not.

I've done a lot of walking over the years,  up hills, along beaches, around town, etc. Everybody has their own walking style, mine used to be quite quick but I seemed to have slowed down over the years. I'm not sure that I've ever sauntered though. Today was World Sauntering Day so to celebrate I needed to step up, or step forward in a sauntering fashion. I think to saunter one has to take more time and just wonder about a bit, so that's what I did. I needed to post a letter whilst working in Birmingham so I sauntered to the post office. It was a bit like Look Up Day as it gave me time to notice more and see what was going on. I sauntered through China town which was quite pleasant. I'll certainly try to saunter more often, mainly when I haven't got anyone specific to be.

Whilst I was sauntering about I did so with a packet of Oreos. In March there was a day dedicated to the chocolatey sandwich biscuits, Oreo Cookie Day. Today was very similar as it was Eat An Oreo Day. If I wasn't supposed to eat them on Oreo Cookie Day then I don't know what I was meant to do! Maybe the people behind the different celebrations need to get together and discuss synergies.  Until such time there are two days to celebrate Oreos. I managed to get through about half the packet on my own so I passed the rest on to a homeless man who also had a chance to celebrate. Susie Dent (the lady from Dictionary Corner) said that eating a load of biscuits when you only intended to have one is called a snaccident. It's so easy to just keep munching. My wife also provided Oreos for her colleagues, spread the love! Yay!

After the kids were in bed I decided to try out a martini to celebrate Martini Day. I've not tried one before and I'm not entirely sure that what I made was actually a Martini. I used a tablespoon of dry martini vermouth and 60ml of rhubarb gin with a slice of lemon peel. The Martini has been on the shelf for about a decade as it isn't something I had any interest in drinking.  I don't know what it should have tasted like but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I won't be going back for another one any time soon but it was nice to try something different.

I now have to go and watch Garfield on YouTube as it's Garfield The Cat Day. Oh, I also had a premature celebration as I had a vanilla milkshake thinking that it was Vanilla Milkshake Day. It turns out that it is tomorrow. Oops. I'll need to celebrate again tomorrow. Shame.

Supplemental... I just found an episode of Garfield and Friends on YouTube and watched it. I didn't think that I'd watched it that much as a kid but I knew every word of the theme tune. It's odd how things get into your psyche.

Comments

Popular Posts