Day 165 - fudge and tapas and shouting

After celebrating all day yesterday, today didn't really start until the evening. That is if we don't count No Orange Clothing Day. That was easy, I didn't wear anything orange. Tick.

I had intended on making my own fudge as it was Fudge Day but as has happened a lot lately time was against us. Son 2 however had some pick n mix which included some (admittedly uninspiring) fudge. Hopefully we can make some tomorrow instead as it seems a shame to miss it.

A little known day today was Hollerin' Contest Day. I didn't do any hollering but Son 1 did as he spent the day being the town crier in the Shrewsbury parade. Yay! He did a good job of leading the parade and ringing his bell. He was very pleased and even got a free hair styling session out of it.

My celebrating started properly with Tapas Day. I haven't cooked tapas before but found it quite enjoyable. I made some potatas bravas (I think that's what they're called), paprika grilled prawns, crispy squid and aubergine parcels. It was quite yummy if I do say so myself, my better half proclaimed it to be "alright" which is acceptable I suppose.

Comments

Popular Posts