Day 175 - best laid plans...

My kids like chocolate. I imagine that most kids like chocolate. I like chocolate. We all like chocolate. Everybody likes chocolate. Today was Chocolate Pudding Day. I had intended on making some chocolate pudding, I even spent a good few minutes googling chocolate puddings to find recipes. There was one which used cocoa and milk instead of chocolate and cream. That seemed easy enough,  all I had to do now was get home after work in good time to make some. I bet you can now see where this is  going. I arrived at the train station and found that the train was ten minutes late. I then tried to catch a connecting train and that was also delayed, and then cancelled. The fault was put down to signalling problems, whatever that means. I eventually got home an hour and a half late. Nobody had any chocolate pudding. Boo.

I did however had a tropical cocktail for Tropical Cocktail Day, Yay! We had some smoothie mix in the freezer which contained carrot and butternut squash along with mango and kiwi. I blitzed that with orange and pineapple juice and added a good helping of rum and some grenadine. Yum. It tasted like holiday (don't take my word for it, ask the Mrs! ) I don't drink enough cocktails and this one contained fruit and veg. That makes it healthy, happy days. I like cocktails.

I didn't really do any other celebrating today. It was Harry Potter Day, or at least one of the Harry Potter Days. This one is the anniversary of the first book being published. We've already had the anniversary of the battle of Hogwarts. There's also Harry's birthday at the end of July. I bought a copy of The Deathly Hallows for Son 1 from a charity shop as we've just finished reading The Half Blood Prince. As I was so late home however we didn't get to read any.

It was also Beauticians' Day but I don't k i.e. any Beauticians. I suppose that I could have booked in for a back, sack and crack but time was against me.

TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts