Day 171 - every day's a school day

After the unadulterated celebrations which took place yesterday I didn't have great hopes for today, there were only three, four if you include Stupid Guy Thing Day which is one of the weird copyrighted days which I try to avoid.

Bring Your Dog To Work Day wasn't something which I could do as I don't have a dog. It's not that I'm not a dog person, I'd love a dog, but they need more attention than we have time to give one.  I did however mention it on Twitter as a singer who I quite like posted a picture of his dog yawning (as you do). He even responded to my tweet! Friends in high places me. For no reason other than to give him a plug, if you find yourself on YouTube you could do worse than search up Louis Barrabus. He has a few tunes on there and they're all worth a listen.

The two days which I did celebrate today were Onion Ring Day and Chocolate Eclair Day. I must say that my home made onion rings were a revelation. Fizzy water and self raising flour for the batter, dip the onion and fry. As simple as that. They were light, crispy and tasty. What I would say though is to avoid using plastic utensils to take them out. They don't fair too well with the high temperatures!

For Chocolate Eclair Day my wife picked up some of Waitrose's basic eclair. They were acceptable but as Son 1 cooked some damn fine profiteroles the other week I had high hopes. I even found a recipe which required making a custard and mixing it with cream for the filling.  They sounded goooood. Sadly it wasn't to be.

I read this morning that it was No Panties Day but the article said that this was more if a rumour than an actual day. To check I'd have to Google "no panties" and I'm sure that would just get me into trouble.

It was also Be Nice To A Stuffed Toy Day so I'll leave that one until bedtime. Until tomorrow, happy celebrating!

Comments

Popular Posts