Day 166 - late fudge and apple strudel

I don't need to tell you that it was Fathers' Day today. My dad got his card and we chatted on the phone - standard. For me, my kids bought me a bespoke picture of the 4 of us in water colour as cartoons. V. cool.

It was also Shrewsbury Half Marathon Day. That isn't really a celebration as such but I ran it, I ache, and it gave me an opportunity to use the foam roller I bought following Foam Roller Day and have a bath following Bath Day.

Although my legs were like lead, the afternoon found me baking with Son 1, some father/son time on Fathers' Day. We made fudge using Nigella Lawson's recipe (she liked my Twitter post about it!) as yesterday was Fudge Day and we didn't want to miss out. We took it to the street's Swift party (we like Swifts in Shrewsbury) and it went down quite well. We also took the apple strudel which we made for Apple Strudel Day. That was all eaten so I'll take that as a positive.  It was quite straight forward really, mix apple and raisins and sugar and cook in puffed pastry. Yum.

Yesterday was Fresh Veggies Day which I forgot to mention, today was Eat Your Vegetables Day. It seems odd to have two veg based days in a row but eat veg I did. The party food had a lot of veg going on, spinach and mushroom quiche, roast veg tart. Yum. My halo is now very shiny.

I did buy some turkey as bit was Turkey Lovers' Day but I'd forgotten about the party so it'll have to go in the freezer.

That was a very busy weekend, I hope that yours was as enjoyable and less tiring.

Comments

Popular Posts