Day 161 - magic jerky

Yesterday was all about avoiding meat. Today was all about celebrating dried beef as it was Jerky Day. It seemed a little odd but as I haven't tried jerky before I thought I'd give it a go. I bought a pack from Waitrose, I can see how it could be good in the right setting. They usually hang it in the beer aisle so maybe its drunk food, like kebabs. It tasted OK but dried meat as a snack just seemed weird. The boys wouldn't try it, my youngest had a go and declared it to be yucky. They did however have some fruit jerky, much the same idea but dried out fruit rather than meat. That went down much better.

Peanut Butter Cookie Day seemed much more up my street but oddly for me I let it pass, although I made a half hearted effort. I didn't have time to bake any so I had a look in the shops to buy some.  The closest I could find were Reese's but they've been celebrated before. These were supposed to be cookies made with peanut butter in the mix rather than as a topping or filling.  I'm sure they'll pop up again at some point.

It was Loving Day today which I assumed was all about loving. I don't think that's too much of a stretch.  It turns out that it's actually about Mr Loving who won a court case about interracial marriage in America. It's a good cause to celebrate but the title doesn't say what it does on the tin.

I had a choice of a few more days to celebrate today. Superman Day was a possibility but I need to introduce the kids to the original Superman films and there was no time for them to stay up. Instead I decided to watch Magic Mike for Magic Day. I don't think that it was the same kind of magic. It did however inspire me to work on my pilates. When is it Get Yourself A Six Pack Day?

Comments

Popular Posts