Day 176 - fruity shades

Today had the feel of repetition but I'm not sure that it was. I've certainly done something this year with indian pudding so I gave Indian Pudding Day a miss.

I've celebrated some odd days this year. Most of the popular celebrations such as St. Valentine's Day were also celebrated by people all over the place, for the lessor known ones however it had been a real rarity to see other people joining in. On Dribble A Basketball To Work Day I was the only one with a ball. On Wear Odd Shoes Day I don't recall anyone else doing it. Imagine my surprise today when practically everybody I came across was getting in on the act! Young people, old people, men, women, the celebration knew no boundaries. It united Salopians in a way that I've never noticed before. Who knew that Sunglasses Day would be such a hit.  I remembered to grab mine in the way out the door this morning only to find that most people on my train had done likewise. How did they know? I wonder if Body Piercing Day tomorrow will be as popular? As an extra today I celebrated by entering about three competitions on Twitter to win more sunglasses by tweeting a selfie of me wearing sunglasses. Surely it would have made more sense to send a picture of myself without them, to win some sunglasses you have to show that you already have some. Oh well, spares will always be useful, especially as I've lost my spares!

I've also celebrated pineapples in different ways this year, mainly in puddings or cocktails. Today was however specifically Pineapple Day so I bought a fresh one on the way home. To do it justice I chopped it into rings and fried it in butter to go with some ice cream and blackcurrant sauce.  The main reason was that the sauce needed eating (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). It wasn't bad although to be fair, the pineapple did get a bit lost under the other flavours. Still, you've gotta love a pineapple. I should have had some on a pizza really, that would have sparked debate. Pineapple on pizza? Yes or no? Feel free to comment thoughts below.

Finally today I spent a few minutes celebrating Writing Day. This is writing so counts as a celebration but I also found a competition to enter. It only required 50 words so I chucked something together. The prize is a mug which I don't need but it was fun all the same. Writing is very therapeutic. I haven't done anything in a while, mainly through lack of time or reading instead. If you want to check out my other writing efforts then try morrisdancersunion.blogspot.co.uk. Only 3 people have made it to the end so far which doesn't bode well but I can't I.prove on the next one without feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts