Day 172 - here we go again

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that I've celebrated Pink Flamingo Day already. It came up again today but I celebrated all the same.  My youngest has a cuddly flamingo called Mingo so it seemed a shame not to. We took Mingo with us to the Shrewsbury Food Festival where I was dancing with the Morris team. Whilst there I spotted two flamingos on hats and one stall had flamingo straws. It seemed a bit odd, the festival had a reusable coffee mug system running to cut down on waste and then some stalls were giving away single use plastic straws. I expect that within a few years you'll have to provide your own cup to taste drinks and so on, for the moment it's a work in progress.  As for Pink Flamingo Day it was nice that they got a look in.

It was also Pink Day so I wore my Club Tropicana T-shirt which has pink writing and drank from a pink drinking bottle whikst out running. It was also Hydration Day and Runners Selfie Day so I managed to squeeze in three at once.  Yay! Again, I'm sure that Hydration Day was only a few weeks ago whilst I was in Brighton. It's getting a little repetitive now.

One celebration which was definately new for today was Smurf Day. I let the kids watch the Smurfs on YouTube which was surprising as they actually enjoyed it. They've seen the recent movie but never the cartoon. One of the boys even found a Smurfs wallet in a charity shop to help me celebrate. Yay!

There wasn't much in the way of food based celebrations today which was good considering how much other stuff we were eating. The boys did use some of the fudge we made on Fudge Day to make some excellent cupcakes.  Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts