Day 173 - I believe in fairies

There were a couple of celebrations going on today but my plans evolved watching TV. Descendants' Day and UFO Day meant that I could have watched The Descendants (a Disney DVD which Son 1 borrowed from somebody at school) or ET (a very well known film from the 80s which I don't need to explain). As it was hot and sunny though and Son 1 was away rehursing for his production of Whistle Down The Wind (tickets are still available) it meant no TV time for me. Instead, today was all about fairies. It was also Swim A Lap Day and I took son 2 swimming so I'm claiming that one too.

So, Fairy Day. It started when all three kids did the whole can we watch the telly?  please? can we can we thing. I said that they had to watch something with fairies. They chose Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom. It's second only to Peppa Pig in my estimations.  They watched a few episodes before breakfast which g It them in the mood for fairies. My youngest then dressed as a fairy (wings and all) until she decided that she didn't like the dress as it was too sparkly. (I think that it was just a bit too small for her really). After that we went to swimming and she took her fairy bear with her whilst we watched son 2. It didn't stop there. I did the washing up using Fairy liquid and then washed some clothes using Fairy softener. Wow, such a lot of fairyness.  It didn't stop there though. I looked up fairies on Pinterest and found a load if great ideas for building a fairy village in your garden.  My good lady wife picked up some lollipop sticks and I used some to make a fairy door for the tree. Yay! Fairies are my new obsession,  at least until tomorrow. It may have only provided one tick in my book but it takes me to 600 so far this year and in my humble opinion was celebrated thoroughly.

Tomorrow I need to work out what strawberry parfait is. Google suggests it could be a bit like ice cream or a bit like Eton mess depending on the website. Any thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts