Day 150 - did you wear a dress too?

Where to start? There was a lot going on today. Firstly it was Go Barefoot Day. It was fortuitous that we're on a campsite. After my 12 mile run (yep, 12 miles over boggy moss and very steep hills - get me) with my camping buddies I walked barefoot to the lake to soak my weary legs. This was a mistake. The gritty path to the lake wasn't as painful as the stones on the bottom which I had to walk on barefoot whilst pulling child 3 around in an inflatable pirate ship. I managed to go barefoot most of the day and enjoyed (most) of it. Have a go, it's liberating.

Next up, Milk Day. I haven't got much to say about this other than let you know that we froze a 4 pint bottle before we came camping and defrosted it. It wasn't nice. Son 1 took a mouthful and was disgusted. I think it probably needed shaking. I don't recommend it.

Doughnut Day was popular, or Donut Day if you insist. We provided jam and chocolate doughnuts for the happy campers, they all went even though the sun was blaring down. We considered making fresh ones (always preferable) but it was too tricky working out how to get the dough to rise.

Dare Day was fun, if putting on your wife's  dress and buying fish and chips is your bag. My wife dared me to do it as it was Wear A Dress Day and as it was also Fish And Chips Day I thought why not. The locals were amused, or possibly bemused, but it was quick and painless. The experience was interesting. It was quite liberating although why anyone would choose to wear clingy material which is tight half way up your torso I don't know. I also sent a tweet to dare world leaders to stop the childish bickering but I doubt anything will come of it. If however you find out that world peace has been declared, you have me to thank.

The fish and chips caused mild panic as I miscounted the order. There should have been 11 fish but I ordered 10. Oops. The chips were also a fairly standard size compared to some large portions so some members of the group were slightly put out about the amount of food on their plate.  They soon calmed down though once the red wine came out. The sorting out of the change however was painful and disturbing. Next time I'm going to let someone else sort out the cash. 

In case you have kids, today was Global Parents' Day. Having the kids around most of the day gave us all a chance to do some parenting. My wife enjoyed a spot of acrobatics with the young'uns and I disappeared for 3 hours to run up a hill and make me knee hurt. Everyone was happy.

I haven't had a chance to celebrate Toss A Coin Day but the night is young. Tomorrow is Rocky Road Day so make sure that you have your ingredients ready!

Comments

Popular Posts