Day 275 - vodka and tacos

Today's first celebration could have been a little better thought out. I noticed that Cinnamon Bun Day was coming up so bought a bag of mini buns a little while back. I couldn't wait for today and started eating them. There were four left but they were a little bit dry and stale by today. A shame really as they're much nicer freshly opened.
If you've been reading this blog you will know that I work in an office which means that there was ample opportunity for me to celebrate Improve Your Office Day. I chose to do this with the addition of a small potplant. I opted for a cactus type thing which would not need much watering as they tend to get forgotten about. I'm thinking of calling it Keith as a colleague by that name retired recently. All plants need names in my opinion, although this does tend to make it a little more painful when they dry up.
Tea time found us eating tacos as, that's right, it was Taco Day. Some sources said it was Soft Taco Day and some just said taco day. I bought both just in case. The crunchy tacos annoy me as they're hard to stuff without breaking. We went with the soft ones in the end which two of the kids enjoyed as they are basically wraps. I found them much easier to eat than the crunchy ones so I was a happy chappy two. Yay! I even remembered to buy jalapenos this week. Get in.
Finally I have just now finished celebrating Vodka Day. The last time that I drank straight vodka was 1997. I wad dressed as a gangster and was playing cards. I got very drunk. I think I had a good night. I was very sick. The idea of celebrating Vodka Day with straight vodka makes me feel I'll just thinking about it. Tesco had a deal on Absolut vodka so I picked up a bottle and made myself a tia maria and vodka martini. 25ml tia maria, 25ml vodka, a shot of espresso and 5ml of sugar syrup.  I had to make the syrup myself but it'll come in handy no doubt.  The result was quite delicious. So far this year I think that Pina Colada has been my favourite cocktail but this is a much more sophisticated drink (unless that sounds too poncy). Right, I must go as I've been writing this whilst trying to watch a bizarre quirky movie called Lost In Paris, all about a Canadian lady who visits her Aunt in Paris and gets lost. It's quite surreal.
Tomorrow is James Bond day but there aren't any bond movies on Now TV. If anyone has one which they can lend me then that would be appreciated, preferably a Roger Moore film as he was the best Bond (Disagree? Feel free to comment below).

Comments

Popular Posts