Day 299 - cemeteries and foraging

I started this morning with a quick message to my mother in law to wish her a happy Mother In Law's Day. I assume that it went well, I haven't heard back.
I had planned to make more effort for International Animation Day, Son 1 has a do it yourself animation programme on the laptop so today would have been a good day to at about with it. There wasn't time in the end but I did get a chance to watch bits of some of the films which were on the telly. Tangled,  Ratatoille,  Wallace And Gromit. The level of animation has gotten ridiculously good over the last few years so it's a good thing that the scripts have as well. I like a good cartoon so I was quite happy to celebrate today.
There were a further two celebrations today, three if you include Pumpkin Day but there are a few pumpkin days this week. I walked into town with my two youngest to go to a cemetery. Not something I often say.  We really went to go to a sweet shop to buy candy corn which is being celebrated later this week, it closed though at 3.38pm. I know it was that time as I was standing outside just as they locked the door. Odd time to shut up shop. Anyway, we had a read of some gravestones which always have a positive message. It was a nicer time than I had expected celebrating Visit A Cemetery Day. Whilst there we also found some beech nuts which we gathered to celebrate Wild Food Day. Sadly when we got home we found that they are generally hard to shell and the taste isn't worth the effort.

By the end of this week you'll be sick of the word pumpkin but I think you'll be safe to come back tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts