Day 284 - musical hospices

I had a bit of an odd day of celebrations today. Every week I note down those which are coming up the week ahead so I'm not taken by surprise. Every now and again though certain celebrations aren't listed on the websites which I scan. Today included 4 such events. 4! Album Day was something which I was able to celebrate throughout the day. Hands up who owns a CD collection. Now hands down if you listen to them using an iPod or a laptop. Actually listening to an album all the way through in the playing order decided by the artist is becoming a thing of the past so Album Day was all about doing just that, listening to something all the way through. I therefore went through Michael Jackson's Bad, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Clumsy by Our Lady Peace. It isn't something I've done in a long time and I'm glad that I did. Some albums are meant to be a journey so listening to tracks in isolation all the time means that you miss out. If you only listen to the hits then you miss out on all the good stuff.
I then had a choice  between another 2 unexpected celebrations. As the international football is on this weekend it was Non-League Football Day. It was also Hospice Day so I gave son 2 a choice,  either we take the train to Wellington and watch AFC Telford United or he could go on his bike to Severn Hospice to donate some bits and bobs.  He chose the latter. It took a while to get there as my daughter went on her balance bike too. She can't actually balance on it yet, she just walks whilst holding the handlebars. She'll learn. 
I found out a little too late that it was also M&M Day. I could have cheated and put on some Eminem but that would miss out on the chocolate so not much point.
I did however make a stab at Yorkshire Pudding Day. Yum.  Recently we've taken to using frozen ones as it quick and easy. That wouldn't cut it though on Yorkshire Pudding Day so I looked for a few recipes online. They were much of a muchness so I opted for Gordon Ramsey's. They blew up really nicely but shrunk back down very quickly once out of the oven. The recipe said 12 to 15 minutes. I think that another 3 or 4 mins would have crisped them up. They certainly tasted better than frozen ones (in my humble opinion) although Son 2 declared that he would only ever eat frozen ones again. What does he know. 

Tomorrow isn't looking all that busy so I hope that a few stray celebrations pop up in the morning otherwise all I'll be doing is dropping capital letters and being frugal.

Comments

Popular Posts