Day 300 - oatmeal and other important stuff

I must begin with an apology. I'm sure that many of you read yesterday's blog and were looking forward to a pumpkin free zone today, I'm afraid that isn't the case. Pumpkin Bread Day is tomorrow but to enjoy it I had to bake it today. I went with this recipe. It's in the oven as I type. It seems silly to open a tin of pumpkin puree when pumpkins are everywhere but I can't puree them until after they've been carved. If you haven't tried cooking with pumpkin then I can recommend it. It's great roasted or you can boil it and puree it and add it to puddings or soups or risotto.  Yum.

I'm not sure how you can celebrate Hermit Day. I don't think that they want to be celebrated so I respected their wishes.

Today was Oatmeal Day. What is oatmeal when it's at home? I thought it was a bit like flour but made by milling oats.  Apparently the term covers a whole load of oat type products so rolled oats count as oatmeal. It's also another name for porridge but as I celebrated World Porridge Day on the 10th October it seems too soon to celebrate it again. I therefore chose hobnobs. They're great aren't they? I went for dark chocolate covered ones but provided some plain ones as well for colleagues. Delish.

I didn't do anything for Stroke Day beyond retweeting a how to spot it tweet. My kids however spotted a stroke poster whilst in the doctor's surgery today so my wife explained to them what it is and how to spot it. Educational and celebratory. Hurrah! If you want to learn about the symptoms then check out the nhs website and FAST!

Comments

Popular Posts