Day 286 - chairs, chicken and desktops

I hope that you're sitting comfortably,  then I'll begin.  I'll tell you about how I managed to get myself sitting comfortably in my office chair. Today was International Adjust Your Chair Day. A lit if people,  including me, don't bother adjusting their chair to get the best fit as we don't necessarily always sit on't he same place.  I've recently moved to a new office, with new chairs, and must admit that I didn't spend much time sorting it out. I always have to raise the chair tonits highest setting due to having freakishly long legs but I don't usually play about with number support or moving the seat forwards. It turns out that 2 mins of poking some handles makes a chair a far more comfortable thing to sit on. Yay!
Whilst at work I also celebrated Global Handwashing Day. Please don't leap to a conclusion that I don't usually wash my hands, what I mean is that I went the extra mile. I was told that when washing hands you should song "Happy bithday" in your head to make sure that you do it for long enough,  so I did. I probably do t usually spot for that long. Whilst standing in the queue in Waitrose I also impulse bought sone hand cleaning wipes. My hands will be lovely and clean today. We're very lucky to live in a country which has hot running water on tap so today was a chance to appreciate it that little bit more. I also made sure that the kids remembered to wash their hands after going to the toilet. We have an R2D2 dispenser which beeps at you when you use it which acts as an incentive.  It works for me anyway.
There were two food celebrations today which I made the most of, Chicken Cacciatore Day and Mushroom Day. The chicken dish includes peppers, courgette, spring onion and passata. It came out quite well although it maybe needed a little something extra, a herb or some tobasco. The weightwatchers recipe also made a lot of sauce some I blitzed sone to make some pasta sauce. I also feted up some mushrooms to have on the side which pleased son 1 no end. Mushrooms seem to be a marmite vegetable.  He loves them.

There was a third food day today,  Cheese Curd Day. I had to Google this to see if you can buy it in the UK as it isn't something I've really come across. I was imaging cottage cheese. It turns out that it's the same as quark. Whilst searching I found a recipe for chips, cheese curds and gravy saying that it was a Canadian delicacy. Is this right? Chips with quark? It doesn't sound right to me. If you've tried it, please let me know in the comments what it's like.
Whilst writing this I've also been celebrating Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day by deleting some of the programs which never get used and are taking up space on the laptop. It turns out that the bin was full with 33gb of undeleted stuff. I doubt it's done enough to make it faster but at least there are fewer icons now.
I think that'll do now. I'm going to make tomorrow's lunch now and see if I can find any I Love Lucy episodes on YouTube to watch whilst doing it. I assume you know  why, or should hopefully be able to work it out. After 286 days there's hopefully a pattern emerging.

Comments

Popular Posts