Day 293 - pretzels and nuts, but not as you know them

Once again I'm afraid that I have to disappoint you with today's hoard of celebrations, they weren't up to my usual standard.
It was International Caps Lock Day but as I celebrated this on the 28 June with a very funny blog written in caps (I crack myself up) there didn't seem much point in repeating myself.
I've also celebrated nuts on a number of occasions so to celebrate Nut Day I ate copious amounts of stollen bites. They're dangerously addictive and contain marzipan which is made from nuts! That counts doesn't it? I bought them on the weekend and can't walk past them without eating one. Is that normal?
I had a frustrating time trying to celebrate Eat A Pretzel Day today. Does it count if I try? Solihull didn't have any pretzel shops but I figured that I'd find one in the bull ring on my way home through Birmingham.  The closest I could find was a stall which looked like it will eventually sell them when it's finished.  That's sadly not going to help me. I did find a Lego card with a picture of a pretzel lady on it but today is Eat A Pretzel Day, not Buy A Lego Card With A Picture Of A Pretzel Lady Day. Oh well, I tried.
Although today's celebrations were generally quite poor, I did spend a fair amount of time baking Boston Cream Cupcakes ready for tomorrow.  Tune in tomorrow for details!

Comments

Popular Posts