Day 280 - moldy postcards

I need to tell you about celebration 1 quickly so that I can go and celebrate Moldy Cheese Day!
I skipped International Beer And Pizza Day (I know! Madness) as there is another pizza day on Thursday and contrary to popular belief, you can have too much of a good thing. I also didn't really do anything for Ada Lovelace Day (she is credited with being the mother of computing) although as I spend most of my days stating at a screen I think that I celebrate her legacy every day! The main point from today is to support women in STEM subjects as they are sadly still under  represented so please, if you are of the female persuasion and you fancy doing something sciency then go for it. Consider yourself supported.
What I did celebrate today (here's the exciting bit) was World Post Day! It doesn't sound that exciting at first but hear me out. There is a website called www.postcrossing.com which you can sign up with, so I did. Once you sign up they give you an address to post a card to and then someone will post a card to you. They could be from anywhere in the world. Yay. It sounds like an old fashioned pyramid type thing but without the promise of receiving more than you send. I've been given an address of someone in America to post a card to and guess what - he's a postman!  Double the celebration. He says that he likes cards with the names of the location on them so I need to pick one up tomorrow.
Right that's me done as it is also Moldy Cheese Day. I've bought some Shropshire Blue and also a Bavarian blue which I haven't tried before. I've been looking forward to this all day so a-celebrating I go! Wish me luck.
Oh, before I go, tomorrow will be Bring Your Teddy To Work Day so please feel free to join in.

Comments

Popular Posts