Day 297 - breadsticks and bandanas

Aren't breadsticks great! All bready and sticky.  They seem to have an everlasting shelf life as well. Yay! As today was Breadstick Day it was a chance to appreciate them even more. My breadsticks of choice were a small pack of mini breadsticks. Ideal lunchbox fodder. The mini-ness wasn't great as they were gone in two bites and the second was so small that you got houmous all over your fingers. Bigger ones would have broken on transport though so small compromises are needed. I've tried baking them before, Paul Hollywood would have been disappointed with the lack of consistency.

For Bandanna Day I learnt a different spelling of bandana, which was odd. I also wore a purple bandanna to the pub. I very much doubt that anyone in Shrewsbury was aware that me wearing a bandanna had anything to do an Australian teenage cancer charity but it did. It's a charity which sells bandanas to raise money.  I went on the website and tried to order a flamingo bandana but they only ship to Australian addresses. Today is also Stand Up 2 Cancer day in the UK so I donated to them instead. It so goes to the same place,  kind of.
To celebrate World Lemur Day I watched a compilation of King Julian's best moments. I'm sure that counts.
Now this is where it gets a little weird,  well, weirder than usual. Today is Worldwide Howl At The Moon Day. I have no idea why but I'm off into the garden to howl. I'm sure that there's a reason for it bit I haven't checked so please let me know if you have any ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts