Day 278 - back on it

After yesterday's poor show,  I had hoped to have a few fun celebrations to choose from today, there were 11 on my list and only one of them was food based which was Frappe Day. The recipes said to use instant coffee rather than proper coffee, but not freeze dried. What's the alternative? I decided to go with a bottle of Starbucks Frappacino instead as it was on offer in Tesco. It wad a little too sweet but not quite pleasant. I preferred coffee milkshake but everything is better with ice cream. 

For Intergenerational Day I Skyped my parents. The kids joined in as well and managed to actually speak to them for a few minutes before breaking into the usual pulling faces and making silly noises.  Skype has made it much easier to keep in contact when family live so far away. I'm not sure what the next step is, holograms? Virtual reality headsets? There's a scene in Kingsmen where characters have a meeting whilst attending from a distance, maybe that is something which people are working on now.
It was Change A Light Day but there weren't any which needed changing.  I did have to do one last week,  I should have left it until today. I'm not sure why changing bulbs need a celebration, at least not on a specific day.
It was also LED Light Day so I celebrated by going in the garden and looking at the lights which hang from the treehouse. There wasn't really much else to do for it. I'm sure that some other celebrationistas made more of an effort, maybe wearing LEDs or writing a message out of them. 

Lastly today I celebrated Bath Tub Day. You'll no doubt be thinking that I celebrated by having a bath, but you'd be wrong! Ha! I'm not that predictable. I actually gave it a wipe down and bathed my two youngest. They love a good warm bath, who doesn't?  I even treated them to some Cherry Bakewell scented bubble bath. All bubbles should smell if pudding. My favourite bath was the one we had in halls of residence whilst at uni. They were old school deep baths, huge things,  and they filled up in seconds. For someone who is 6' 4", having a long deep bath rather than  the standard size is quite wonderful. With it basically being I t he gents toilets the setting wasn't the best but I'm thinking purely about the bath. The best setting was the bath in the bridal  suite in Lake Vyrnwy Hotel. It overlooked the lake which is such a memorable view, one of my favourites ever.
Right, tomorrow is Pierogi Day. If anyone knows where I can find any in Solihull then please do let me know as I doubt I'll have time to make any.

Comments

Popular Posts