Day 274 - mean kale seeds

It's Wednesday so I wore pink.  Not much pink though, my multi coloured tie has pink stripes but it was the best I could muster. October 3rd is Mean Girls Appreciation Day as there is a moment in the film where Lindsay Lohan tells somebody that it is October 3rd.  That's a good enough reason I suppose. The film is a pretty decent teen comedy and probably the last film Lindsay made before the whole getting in trouble with the law stuff. Like yesterday's movie it made good ironing fodder as it had a good script. Nothing will beat When Harry Met Sally on that criterion.

Next up is the food days, all three of them. I thought that I was going to miss out on Pumpkin Seed Day as I nipped to Lidl at lunch time and couldn't find any in the seed section. I did however find some quinoa bars with pumpkin seeds so I bagged them. They looked like bird seed as was pointed out by a colleague, but they were actually paletable. I would eat one again, and I will as they came in a pack of 4. I only managed to persuade one colleague to try them so I still have 2 left.

Kale Day was pleasant as well. I cooked up a weightwatchers veg stew recipe which uses squash,  carrot, chick peas and kale with a combination if spices. It was similar to the veg curry I made on Monday but tastier. I'll blame that on the kale. Who knew?

Finally I celebrated Caramel Custard Day with my kids. I found two brands in Tesco so we bought both and had a blind taste test. Bonne Maman desserts cost 62p each but the Ms. Mollies were only 10p per pudding. The boys both preferred the cheaper ones. Bonus! I went for the creamier more expensive ones but noted that they lacked in the caramel department. My daughter wasn't fussed and happily ate both.

Tomorrow is Vodka Day. If anyone fancies a cocktail I picked up some martini glasses today just in case.

Comments

Popular Posts