Day 296 - sour punks and Chucky

Have you ever tried to be a punk for a day? If you've ever fancied it, today was the day to give it a go. It was Punk For A Day Day. I've obviously the it a go, it lasted a few minutes. I didn't go so far as dying my hair as it was parents' evening. I did however wear my leather studded bracelet.  I tried listening to sone punk music but I only have American pop punk in my music collection.  I couldn't even find any Ramones which just seems wrong.  I tried YouTube instead and that gave me more of the same. I don't think it was meant to be, but it was probably for the best as I'm not that much of a fan. The Sex Pistols never did it for me. I didn't really feel like rebelling either, it's not really my thing.

Next I celebrated Sourest Day. It was a bit of a duplication as I ate some of the same sweets I ate on Sour Candy Day, they're really not bad.
I totally forgot about Greasy Food Day. I had planned on getting something greasy but I was swayed by the smoky bean burrito. I took the kids out for tea to a pub after parents' evening and had intended on a burger or something like that.  Son 1 obliged with a burger and the other two had macaroni cheese which had a good helping of grease from the cheese on top. Mine had none though. The family celebrated in my place.  Does that count?

There have been a few unexpected late entries recently and today was not an exception. Son 1 was on the stage and son 2 was watching him with my wife so I had the TV to myself. That meant that I could celebrate Chucky The Notorious Killer Doll Day in peace and quiet. I say peace and quiet but to be honest it wasn't that peaceful. I've lost count of the Chucky films now. They started off as standard horror movies when they were called Child's Play but since Bride of Chucky came out they've moved more into the comedy horror style. Cult of Chucky was available on Now TV so that wad the one I went with. Its set in an asylum. What was interesting was how they link it back to earlier films and how the ending was actually unexpected. The gore was generally unpleasant but I suppose that's the point. I think I'll wait for the rest of the family to get home before go to bed, the house creaks in all the wrong ways after watching horror movies.

Comments

Popular Posts