Day 288 - poetry and pasta

Pasta Day probably deserved more than a bowl of penne with tomato sauce, but then again what's better than a bowl of penne with tomato sauce? I used the holy trinity (onion, celery and carrot) and added a pepper and a leek. I also had a tin of artichokes which I'd been holding for a while which went with it nicely. I've tried making pasta before,  it wasn't pretty. It was probably best to stick to dried. Yay for pasta, one of the few meals the whole family will eat (so long as it isn't tainted with broccoli.
There were another three celebrations which I managed to fit in today. The first was Four Prunes Day. I'm actually celebrating it as I type as I forgot to eat them earlier. Why four I have no idea. I think that it's something about staying regular. Eating them before bed is probably not the best idea. They're much nicer than I remember which helps.

I kind of celebrated Edge Day. I thought that this had something to do with U2 or maybe living life on the ... . It's actually about a punk subculture based around staying off sex and drugs, just sticking to rock and roll.  So that was easy to celebrate,  I just had to listen to some music whilst not drinking or having sex. Tick.
Finally today I spent a little time reading some poems. There have been a few poetry days but today was Black Poetry Day. I found a website dedicated to black poets which provided a poem from each one, a little background to them and a discussion about their work.  If it is something which interest you then check out https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/12-poems-read-black-history-month.
I've just finished some baking for tomorrow and need to make some icing before bed so I must dash.

Comments

Popular Posts