Day 313 - poppy day

Most of my celebrations are to put it bluntly, silly. I know it, you know it. It's important to pay attention to the little things, to celebrate the minutia to see how great the world is. It's on days like Armistice Day, Poppy Day that you appreciate it even more. This evening I made some ice cream sundaes for my kids, it was Sundae Day. My youngest cried when I added chocolate sauce so I had to start again and eat the infected one myself. I'm now sat watching a program about the horrors of world war one. How different things could be.

I won't dwell on it too long as I know that you come here for a daily dose of humour and jollity, such as International Tongue Twisted Day. For his bedtime story,  middle child read Fox In Socks by Dr. Seuss. He did a good job of it and almost made it sound like it makes sense. We've had it a few times before but this was the first time that he read it to me.

I was going to try my hand at some paper folding as it's Origami Day but I've run out of time. I'm off to make some sandwiches now so I must bid you goodnight.

Comments

Popular Posts