Day 324 - viva la revolution

All hail me! Today was Start Your Own Country Day. The basic building blocks are simple in my view, you need a name, a ruler, a general colour scheme and possibly a national anthem. The but about having some land borders can be dealt with at some later date. Everything is going virtual now anyway so I'm sure it's possible to set one up online instead.  Maybe I'll ask the boys to build me a country in Minecraft? Anyhoo, I'm going purple for the flag as it is my favourite and my best (too much Charlie and Lola!) with a sprout in the middle as they need to be celebrated.  The anthem needs to be something which football fans can sing without getting bored halfway through and sounds good on a trumpet. Maybe something by Bruno Mars? It's a work in progress...
I suppose that the big celebration of the day was Thanksgiving but for this project I've leaned more towards the lessor known ones. I mentioned yesterday about Cranberry Relish Day, today is also listed on some sites as the date for the exciting event. To cover the turkey and cranberry relish thing I had some of yesterday's leftovers in a sandwich for tea. It wasn't bad at all although tomorrow should be Leftovers Day so I'm maybe a little premature.
I'm not actually sure what Thanksgiving is about, I know it involves pilgrims but that's about it. Hang on... I'll check Wikipedia. Bear with.. ... Apparently it's a bit like harvest festival. Some English pilgrims in the 1600s turned up in America and celebrated an old English holiday. There you go America, you're welcome. They also eat green bean casserole which is beans comes in mushroom soup topped with crispy onions. Hopefully there'll be a Green Bean Casserole Day before the year is out as I think I quite liked it, it's "bean" a while.
It was also Cashew Day but as I only found this one out this evening I didn't have time to celebrate. I disnhiwever remember seeing a programme about them which said that the process of harvesting and roasting is very dangerous as the nuts contain poison. Remember that next time you're chomping away on some!
You obviously know that tomorrow is Black Friday, please shop wisely! It'll also be flossing day - not sure yet whether that is the dance or teeth? Any thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts