Day 334 - mousse vestival

What better way to start the day than with  a festival? A festival of, um, tank tops. Tank tops are known as sweater vests in America so today was known as Sweater Festival, geddit? I therefore popped on my lovely grey sleeveless and celebrated all day long. Jumpers without sleeves seem a little odd, a bit like a gillet I suppose,  in that the purpose is to keep you warm, just not your arms. If it's cold enough to need a jumper,  why wouldn't your arms be cold as well? Having bought myself one from a charity shop I now understand. They're good for indoors but not great for being outside where the wind gets to you.

The only other celebration I managed today was mousse day. This actually worked really well. We had a bar of dairy milk in the fridge which I melted with sone butter and cream. This is what the recipe said to do, it didn't mention that it would split. It looked horrible.  The chocolate went grainy and lumpy, it was swimming in a pool of fat. As it cooked however I added an egg yolk and mixed it like mad until it went smooth and mixed and glossy and yum. I whisked up the egg whites and cream and mixed the whole lot together. It went into bowls, into the fridge then in my belly! It was sooo good! Simple yet effective. The kids don't know about it yet, I may not tell them. Shh, don't mention it.

Comments

Popular Posts