Day 328 - cyber cakes and cookies

You can buy anything online these days, even old rope. There's arguably no need to have physical shops anymore, except for losing the browsing experience, the displays, the atmosphere, the town centres, etc. If you've ever been shopping in Milton Keynes and compared it to somewhere like York then you'll appreciate how architecture and history can affect your experience. Compare that now to not even having a shopping centre. Is online really that good? It's debatable. Either way, today was Cyber Monday which is basically an unnecessary extention of Black Friday.  The biggest day in the calendar for online sales. To celebrate I therefore bought some bits online.  A new TV? A games console? Nope. I bought a second hand tartan shirt for £2 and a present for my good lady wife which I can't mention in case she reads this. I don't think I've added that much to the Cyber Monday tally but I've done my little bit.  Hopefully my shirt will arrive before Saturday, I need it for the Shrewsbury Morris Dancers World Famous Christmas Ceilidh (quick plug - tickets are selling fast, get yours now! )
National Cake Day was quite popular on social media. I shared a picture of this weekend's birthday cake (complete with a working cinema screen!) and also treated my colleagues to some salted caramel cake bars (fresh from Poundland). There have been a fair few cake days this year, today's was very general so I think that cake bars qualify. My son baked the birthday cake for his brother, using custard butter icing (his invention).  He makes a mean sponge cake if anyone fancies one.

I also treated my colleagues to some cookies for Cookie Day. I only found one reference to this so I'm not sure whether it was accurate. Does it need to be though? Cookies are good at any time. Twitter puts cookie day, like hat day, almost every month. There needs to be an official board for unofficial holidays! It turned out that a friend had also passed on sone cookies to us, albeit by accident. They bought themself some Fox's  cookies and left them in a bag which they have us. Such a shame! Bonus cookies on cookie day!
Don't you love a bit of irony? I tweeted this afternoon about cake day and cookie day and how I'm glad it's not also diet day... yep, you've guessed it. It was also Anti Obesity Day!  This was in India but my celebrations know no borders.  Thankfully the day isn't anti food but more about balance,  I therefore had to balance my cake and cookies with some star jumps and sit ups. Maybe all cake and cookies should require star jumps and sit ups - you queue in Krispy Kreme would look a bit different if the customers had to do a work out to earn the doughnuts.
Finally, Good Grief Day was very brief but another fortuitous event. My father in law bought a Peanuts hat for my youngest. It happens to fit me too. Yay! I also listened to Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machines song "Good Grief Charlie Brown". There truly is a song for all occasions.

Tomorrow will be Bavarian Cream Pie Day. If you haven't come across it before, have a Google. It looks worth a few star jumps! It's also Pie In The Face Day so if you make one, be careful.

Comments

Popular Posts