Day 333 - square dancing and chocolate(s)

Ah! It's day 333, not day 331. I've been getting very confused recently when looking at my entries as the days didn't seem to add up. I've just checked and there are two entries for day 83. There must be another one somewhere as well. I've been out of sync for months! Oh well, no harm done. There are only 32 days to celebrate after today so the maths seems to work now.  I feel much better.
You may have noticed a fair few celebrations over the last year to do with chocolate. Today features another one but this has left me confused.  Let me explain. If you have one big bar of chocolate,  we would call it chocolate. Easy. But if instead we broke it up into lots of pieces, do we still have chocolate or is it now chocolates?  What if the pieces were individually wrapped? Would this make it any different? What I'm getting at I suppose is that today is National Chocolates Day, does "chocolates" imply anything more than just the plural? To me, the word chocolates conjures an image of milk tray, black magic, a box of different flavoured bite sized treats. So to celebrate, would a single bar of dairy milk qualify? What if it were broken up? What are your thoughts? In the end I found a box which had been in the cupboard unopened for a while. How very lucky! They were good chocolates too. (Did you know that the word comes from an Aztec word which means "bitter water"? I doubt it would sell as much if we called it that.)
Also today happened to be Square Dancing Day. If only I knew a group of people who would be practicing a square dance this evening... wait a minute! My fellow Morris Dancers just so happened to be practicing a square dance for our annual Christmas Ceilidh on Saturday night ( a few tickets are still available if you'd like to join us.) I should have bought a lottery ticket today,  fortuitous chocolate, lucky dancing, what's the third? The dancing was good fun, I've hopefully attached a video as evidence, people are smiling and everything!
Right, it's getting late, see you again tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts