Day 320 - soup and cider, not at the same time

Started this crisp November morning by trying to celebrate Princess Day. My daughter loves anything sparkly and dressy so I thought that dressing her as a princess would be a winner.  Sadly she's grown out of her princess clothes so we couldn't find anything. A job for Father Christmas methinks!
It was also Mickey Mouse's birthday today so to honour the mouse I dug out Son 2's toy and he's been sharing the sofa today.  He seems to have had a nice birthday as he hasn't stopped smiling.
At tea time I cooked up a batch of Vichysoise (it's Vichysoise Day) whilst listening to the William Tell Overture. It's the anniversary of the day when William Tell supposedly shot an apple off his son's head. I suppose that a video of me trying the same thing might have livened up this post but I imagine it would also find me banged up tomorrow so something to be avoided. The soup was pretty good, leek and potato is a great pairing, my recipe had nutmeg and plenty of cream mixed in. I've got enough left to have it cold tomorrow as well. I've not had it cold before so that'll be interesting.
Finally today I'm about to continue celebrating Apple Cider Day with some more organic wild wood cider. It's a pleasant tipple, crisp and refreshing. As I started off this post with talking of crispness it seems fitting to end it this way.

It's also Occult Day so I'm up for a spooky film but I doubt it'll happen.

Comments

Popular Posts