Day 310 - cocktails, coffee and Guinness

Today's blog comes to you from the interval of the Sons of Pitches, live in Shrewsbury. I'm skipping my usual mid show ice cream as I spent today's budget on a cocktail from The Pour House to celebrate Harvey Wallbanger Day. They're not cheap but it was cheaper than buying a whole bottle of Galliano.  It was tasty too. I didn't realise that Galliano is aniseed. I don't like aniseed but this was actually quite tasty. It came with a slice of orange on the top which really filled the senses with citrus before the booze kicked in. Yum.

I also managed to fit in a cappuccino today.  This wasn't such a challenge as coffee bars are all over the place nowadays.  I chose the Shrewsbury Coffeehouse for mine.  It was creamy as a cappuccino should be. What I'm unsure about is whtherbis should have been drinking one at 4.30pm. I once read that Italians generally look down on people drinking cappuccino after midday as it's a breakfast drink. I have no idea whether this is true or not though so if you know please do let me know in the comments. It may be something to do with milk being hard to digest after a meal or something like that.
For World Guinness World Record Day I played a Nintendo DS game based on record breaking, it was lucky that we had that sitting around wasn't it. It was also lucky (more importantly) that my wife is a record breaker! I'm married to someone with dedication! She was part of the recent most-people-dancing-the-charleston attempt in Shrewsbury quarry. There was over a thousand of them raising money for charity. Yay! Well done them.
My final celebration today was the biggie, World Town Planning Day. I know that a lot of you will have been looking forward to this one. My celebration consisting of briefly scanning the Shrewbury Big Town Plan and suggesting on Twitter that others may wish to do the same.
If you're interested, the Sons of Pitches were excellent, the singing was great but the comedy is what makes it. They're funny guys. That'll do for now, nighty night.

Comments

Popular Posts