Day 311 - mushy peas and science bods

Today wasn't the best day for celebrating. There were no requirements to drink booze and the food was trickier than usual. I quite fancied doing Scrapple Day as I had to Google it to find out what it is. It turns out that it's an American brunch food made from pork offal,  minced and mixes with cornmeal,  baked then sliced and grilled. It sounds like a cross between faggots and square sausage. Sadly I couldn't find any and the amount of ingredients that I'd need to make some would be hard to justify.

The other food day was Mushy Pea Day. I didn't know it was going on until this morning so I hadn't planned for it. I couldn't fit it into tea so I bought a few cans from Aldi and celebrated by donating them to our Christmas food drive. I'm sure that the recipients will be pleased that it was Mushy Pea Day. They're one of those foods I never liked as a boy but you can't beat some mushy peas with your fish. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you know about that there satellite which is off floating in space? The one with the plaque on it telling aliens how to find us? Well it was designed by someone called Carl Sagan. Today was his day, I read about it on t'interweb. If you want to know more, try searching it up.

As you can tell, today had been quiet on the celebration front.  Hopefully tomorrow will be busier. TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts