Day 308 - saxy nachos

There were only 5 celebrations in my list today so not a lot to work with. If you're thinking of starting one yourself, 6 November seems a good place to put it.
One of them was Election Day, referring of course to the current US elections. I can't really celebrate that one without breaking all sorts of laws so I thought best to leave it alone.  It was also Marooned Without A Compass Day. This was about purposely getting yourself lost in order to experience a freedom away from normality. It certainly sounds like something which could have been good to do but lid worked against me today. My daughter wasn't well so I was at home looking after her, I don't think that taking her off and getting lost would have classed as good parenting. That left me with 3, 2 of which I've done before.
So, Basketball Day. I bought a basketball and played with it on Harlem Globetrotter Day. I also bounced it to work one morning on Bounce A Ball To Work Day.  It was too dark to play with the boys once they got home so I had to make do with watching videos about throwing basketballs off dams instead. It's surprising the difference that a little spin will make.
It was also Saxophone Day. Sadly I don't own one and don't know anyone who does so my celebration was limited to listening to sax music. There's plenty of music out there.  I obviously went to Baker Street first (no it wasn't Bob Holness) , then to the Lost Boys soundtrack. My last one was No Fronts by Dog Eat Dog. That was a blast from the past and well worth a listen if you fancy some saxophone today.
Lastly I did Nachos Day, again. I'm not sure why there's a second bite of the cherry so close but there you go. This time we used a bean chilli from Aldi to go on top. Yum. There's not much else to tell really. Crunchy, saucy. I did use some low fat cheese which was a mistake, it doesn't melt properly.

Tomorrow isn't looking too exciting either but Thursday is shaping up nicely. Do pop back again.

Comments

Popular Posts